Active full hand
Active prostheses include externally powered devices, which means their ability to move comes from a battery. The device is typically operated by using sensors that are placed against the skin. The sensors pick up electrical signals that are emitted when specific muscles are used, and these signals activate the prosthesis to move.
i-limb™ quantum is the most versatile and advanced prosthetic hand available today. This full hand prosthetic device closely mimics the appearance and function of a natural hand. With an i-limb quantum prosthesis, you can:
- Activate a grip with a simple gesture
- Grasp an object and conform to its shape
- Mimic grips of the human hand with up to 36 different operating modes
- Gradually increase the strength of grip on an object
- Control the speed at which your fingers move to avoid crushing more delicate objects